Pappy-licious

New to Bourbon

Pappy-licious

Postby jenandkim » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:37 pm

So, I am glad to say I managed to get a 12-yr bottle of Pappy through a lotto this year and am wondering how long it can hang out before we crack it open and enjoy it? Can it be stored and, if so, for how long?

How about after we open it? Any time frame or recommendations on how to store once open? Needless to say, the management of this bottle has been a hot topic in my house so I want to make sure we can handle it the right way and make it last as long as possible.

Thanks bourbon-ites.
jenandkim

Re: Pappy-licious

Postby 770eastern » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:03 pm

Congrats on the score. That's a good one!
I've really never heard of any limit on how long it can sit unopened,
and then opened? Maybe some of the less newby's then you and I
could chime in.
I've got a bottle of '06 Geo T Stagg. I HOPE it doesn't go bad.....
770eastern

Re: Pappy-licious

Postby brbnbaby » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:32 pm

:D Was lucky enough in 2012 to get 6 bottles of Pappy. 2 from each of the years put out that year at regular price. Got one in 2014, but don't know how to keep up the one a year at least. My husband would gladly pay double the normal price for a bottle but not the crazy secondary markets as this is his favorite drink. Never had an open bottle last more than a year but it being bourbon I would think it would last a real long time. On another note, (in hubbys opinion) Barter House Orphan batch 20 year reminds him of a young pappys. Would be interested to see what others think.
brbnbaby

Return to New to Bourbon