Riddle me this......

Bourbon Discussion

Riddle me this......

Postby therussian » Sat May 02, 2015 1:15 am

Just came back from my local "big bottle distributor." I equate them to a mega bank, no real people skills, but can get the job done. Anyway, I am now in possession of a bottle of Old Forester 1870 and a bottle of Stagg Jr. No great feat I know, but why were the $45 and $54 bottles held under lock and key in a fancy cabinet? Bottles of Bookers for $60 were out in the open for everyone to pilfer through. Was it the old ploy, "let's lock it up to make people want it?" Or, was it the "we were only given X amount of them, and you can only have one of each?" My fault for not asking, but I can't see why two bottles that are a "limited edition," if you can call them that, are locked up when bottles of Jeffersons Aged at Sea sat in the open. Please enlighten me!
therussian

Re: Riddle me this......

Postby jfarr63 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:13 pm

The store I shop at has the Jefferson Ocean locked up. So, no, I cannot think of any rhyme or reason to it.
jfarr63

Postby cvg1arr » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:22 pm

My guess is history of theft?
Our local store has $30 bottles of COURVOISIER behind the counter, locked up, but $75, $100, and higher bottles of bourbon out on the shelves...
cvg1arr

Postby therussian » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:43 am

In response to cv, I have noticed that these bottles of OF1870 are now not under "lock and key." So back to my original question..just a marketing ploy????
therussian

Return to Bourbon Discussion