Pappy Van Winkle Secondary Market Prices
Pappy Van Winkle Secondary Prices
Demand for Pappy Van Winkle is at an all time high. Because demand is so high people have started selling their bottles on the secondary market. If you’re not familiar with the secondary market I would suggest reading our post “The Economics of Pappy Van Winkle” first. Below, are the recent prices I have seen on the secondary market.
Updated fall 2014 – Average prices on the secondary market are as follows:
- $200-$275 – Old Rip Van Winkle Handmade Bourbon 10 Year Old 107 proof
- $250-$300 – Van Winkle Special Reserve Bourbon 12 Year Old
- $600 – Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye Whiskey 13 Year Old
- $650 – Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 15 Year Old
- $750-$800 – Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 20 Year Old
- $1,2000-$2,000 – Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 23 Year Old
Now, compare that to the retail prices
I just love the oak notes that after all the searching. .can’t be matched. .blantons, angels envy, 4 roses, blah blah blah. .tried them all. .no comparison. .just wish it was easier to get. .damn flippers!! This is not air Jordans this is burbon!!
All of the bourbons you listed are younger bourbons. Try to grab one of the Orphan barrel bottles if you’re looking for oak notes
Blake, Great info from April. How about an update on this…prices way up. Not chasing this much now a days.
After just getting lucky in the Bourbon lottery, i have an extra 2013 10 yr VW that i’m happy to share with somone who doesn’t have one yet. Feel free to contact email@example.com for info. Thanks