Please Read: Each state is highlighted when one bottle is reported in that state. There’s a good chance that means that store, and a lot of times that city, is already sold out. This map isn’t an official release tracker from Buffalo Trace. This is a network of bourbon drinkers looking to help each other. Stores are dealing with smaller allocations and greatly increased demand. Please be understanding of this fact. Happy Hunting!
A few reminders to the Pappy Van Winkle Release Map.
- I don’t have any Pappy Van Winkle for sale. Bourbonr is just a blog. I can’t answer “where can I buy Pappy Van Winkle”
- I don’t know where you can buy it. I didn’t find any myself last year so I’m hunting just like everyone else.
- The Pappy Van Winkle release map will launch next week. That’s the best I can do to help you find a bottle.
- My thoughts on Fake Pappy. My thoughts on retail pricing
- There’s no secret sauce! Everyone has been shut out on Pappy. Everyone has walked into a store with insane prices. And, everyone wishes it was available all year at retail prices. But, if that were true it wouldn’t be Pappy. I don’t make a Makers Mark Cask Strength release map for a reason.
- P.s. don’t you love this time of year!
Love it or hate it, bourbon season is here. It’s time for the 5th annual Pappy Van Winkle Release Map! If you’re unfamiliar with the map, here’s how it works. I highlight each state when the antique collection is released in that state. Remember, distribution can be tricky. Because it was released in part of the state doesn’t mean you’ve missed out. The release map is another tool to help in your Pappy hunt.
For more info and to find other bourbon hunters join the Bourbonr Facebook group. I’ve also added the city which was reported if you hover over each state. If you’re new and still trying to get your feet wet check out my post “How to Hunt Bourbon” This is a community-driven map. If you find a bottle please shoot me an email at Blake @ Bourbonr.com. Make sure to include your state as well as a picture of the bottle. I welcome any tips about state releases as well (Especially Florida 🙂 )!
Here are some things I understand about the map. Not everyone likes it or finds it helpful. It’s not perfect. Flippers may use the map. It may not find a bottle of Pappy for you. I get it. This is another tool to help you with your bourbon hunt. Bourbon hunting is more difficult than it four years ago. I still believe the release maps provide useful information. And, I enjoy the community that they help build. Because of that, I continue to, dedicate time to them every fall. With that said, Happy Hunting!
11/1 – Pappy Van Winkle is confirmed in North Carolina and Kentucky as the first two states of 2017. Washington D.C. has also report Pappy today
11/2 – Pappy in Wisconsin and Nevada
11/3 – Pappy arrives in Maryland
11/7 – Pappy Van Winkle arrived in Iowa
11/9 – South Carolina, Utah and Georgia receive Pappy Van Winkle today
11/13 – Hope you had your camping gear ready. Pappy Van Winkle released in Alabama this morning. Pappy makes its way to (Middle) Tennessee
11/16 – Rhode Island and Indiana receive Pappy Van Winkle
2017 Pappy Map